I have had a few people ask how I create the waves in my hair. Like all mums out there I am always short of time so I cannot spend ages on my hair, so the discovery of the Mark Hill Glam Wicked Waver (available here) was perfect. Admittedly it looks like it belongs to the set of “fifty Shades of Grey” but it is so easy to use and unlike regular curling tongs, I like the fact your hair doesn’t look too “done”.
I tend to start off with hair I’ve dried using the Babyliss Big Hair Styler (available here).
I then section my hair (not as neatly as I would do unless I was going out) and then twist my hair around the bumpy barrel, holding it in place for about 10 seconds.
If you want to see it in action I have done a very rushed video (shouting kids included) which you can see below. You are lucky I edited out the part when one of them shouted that they needed a poo and then walked out of the bathroom without any clothes on!! Not my finest parenting moments…
There seem to be a few sales on at the moment but the bodes on in particular has caught my eye. Why/ Well, you can get some good wardrobe staples at a great discount (plus a few fun bits as well) and the sale items are not just the iffy bits. There are some crackers in there. Here are my picks from the Boden sale which you can see fully here.
Tresco Stripe Jumper £39.00 down from £65.00 – a true wardrobe staple. Can be dressed up with a blazer or down under dungarees.
Abingdon trench £90.00 down from £150.00 – the trench coat is a SS17 must have and will go on for seasons to come.
Richmond trouser £52.50 down from £75.00 – I love the bold print of these trousers without being too over the top.
Cashmere jumper £83.40 down from £139.00 – this soft pink cashmere jumper is a lovely length and a flattering fit.
Emilia Ponte blazer – £68.60 down from £98.00 – the blue blazer will see you through Spring/Summer.
Off-duty sweatshirt £30.00 down from £50.00 – a bit of fun, this blue leopard print would look great under black dungarees or simply with jeans.
If you are still unsure about what to get your mum / what you should be hinting at for Mother’s Day, then these gift boxes could be the answer. They are all beautifully wrapped and make gorgeous gifts for mums, daughters, grandmothers, sisters and aunts alike…whoever is a meaningful figure in your life.
1. Gift boxes by Merci Maman x Aurelia skincare – I am a huge fan of both brands and putting them together = perfect Mother’s Day treat!
2. Cashmere gift set by Hush – you can chose from three different coloured jumpers and who doesn’t love cashmere?.
3. New mum box by Ma Premiere at Scandi Mini – perfect for a new mum. Available in a boy or girl version, they are a fabulous idea for beyond Mother’s Day.
4. Scented candle subscription by The Bird Box – the recipient will receive four beautifully packaged candles for the year. The candles are made from entirely natural ingredients with no added nasties so perfect for a mum with little ones who may be sensitive to these things.
5. Almond Discovery Collection by L’Occitane – this range is perfect for us mums who may not have the time to treat our skin as we used to. The Almond Shower Oil is particularly lovely as it is so moisturising and feel gorgeous to use.
6. Treat box by Little House of Hygge – this can be purchased as a one-off or a subscription given. Each box is filled with treats to create a bit of understated luxury
Ah, my true love…fashion. People often ask me why I love fashion so much. I love how you can have fun trying different style which aren’t permanent. i love how, being shy, it’s a way to express myself. I love that my mum and dad loved fashion…mum came from Liverpool so I love a bit of sparkle and dad was probably the only middle aged man in West Berkshire to wear Izzy Miyake…hence my not very countryside style. So here are some Mother’s Day gifts with a fashion slant…
1. “We are all Wonder Women” tee by Selfish Mother – the slogan, in gold, really demonstrates how, when us mums are on form we can really be a good support network to each other.
2. Stella Star Gift Set by Hush – I don’t think any mum would be disappointed with this to open on Mother’s day.
3. Leather Cross Body Bag by Kate Spade – perfect “mum bag”. Cross body means arms and hands are free to grab run-away kids whilst being beautifully designed and in a perfect Spring/Summer colour.
4. Trainers by Converse x CDG – I fallen in love with these. How fab to get these with the little heart embroidered on these on Mother’s Day?