We are heading off to Devon in a few weeks and already I find myself planning what to take. Holidaying in the UK is fabulous when the sun is shining but as we all know, the sun is not always guaranteed to make an appearance so packing requires making sure there is clothing and other items for every type of weather. With this in mind, this is what I plan to pack for the kids for our UK holiday aside from the usual T-shirts, jumpers and shorts…
1. Hatley reversible sun hat – perfect for Harry as he wears it without it getting in the way and it can be machine washed as well as being reversible.
4. Sun-san surfer sandals – both Katie and I get these every year for our little ones from a lovely shop in Winchester, Park Life Kids. They can be worn in water and the leather is so soft it won’t rub your precious one’s feet. See our previous post on them.
5. Mini Rodini sun hat – this one is for Teddy as it has ties to try and make sure he keeps it on – he is a little monkey for whipping his hats off at any given opportunity.
6. Petit Crabe zippered swimshirt – this is easy to put on Harry when (!!) the sun comes out. With it being zippered it doesn’t have the fuss of getting it over his head.
7. Vilbrequin swimming shorts – Harry and his Daddy have matching pairs – I think we’ll wait until next year to renew so Teddy can be matching too!!
8. Phil and Ted’s Lobster portable highchair – both Katie and I have found this so useful over the years. The kids love sitting in it and it is easy to keep in the car to use on holiday or days out.
9. Organic Children SPF30 by Green People – this sunscreen has not reacted to Harry’s skin (all the others I have tried bring out his eczema). I have two tubes – one I carry permanently in my bag and the other in the house for applying before we go out for the day.
10. Picnic blanket – I always keep this in the back of the car as you never know when the weather may suddenly turn glorious enough for an impromptu picnic.
11. Potette portable potty – one of the best buys which Katie introduced me to – for a quick loo stop on the beach..or lay-by!!
12. Bird Bingo – we’ll be taking this along with us in case rain stops play. Harry loves this game and he even has the Bug Bingo version at his Nanna and Pops’ house. It’s a game adults can play without getting fed up as well.
Well, those are the things I will be packing – have I forgotten anything?