We don’t know about you, but since becoming mums, we need to write everything down. Lists, calendars, charts…lists of lists…the list (ahem) is endless. As 2016 draws to a close and with a bright new dawn in the shape of 2017 emerges, we will be trying our best to keep on top of birthdays, kids activities, where we all meant to be be and when we are meant to be there. To make all this possible, we have put together an edit of what we feel will be helpful planners, notepads and tools in order to achieve our goal.
1. The Big Family Diary by Mum’s Office – this diary is great to have out in the front hall or open on your desk. There are columns for each member of the family as well as a very thorough notes section in which you can detail all aspects of your family’s life, from shoe sizes to term times.
2. Wall planner by Lollipop Designs – make planning the year ahead a bit easier with this year at a glance planner. The design with gold accents means you won’t mind having it on display on your wall for all to see.
3. Sticky notes by Kate Spade – these make leaving a scribbled message or reminder much more pleasant with their gold detailing.
4. Magnetic clipboard, pad and pen by Paperchase – perfect for anyone in the family to scribble a note to everyone else, whether it be and out of coffee emergency or don’t forget to pick up the kids (we’ve all been there…right?).
5. 2017 Daily Planner by Hello Day – a beautiful planner for those who like to jot down notes and lists and be able to keep it all in one place with a diary.
6. Touchnote – we were introduced to this brilliant timesaving app by Luxe In The Country. This app lets you take a photo and have it turned into a card or postcard to send directly to the recipient. A great way to send a thank you card if you’ve been to visit someone and have a lovely photo of your visit. Simply create a card, write a message and off it goes.
7. Correspondence cards by This Is Nessie – always have a thank you note on hand with these personalised notecards. We have used This Is Nessie for Kid’s party invitations, thank you cards and beyond.
8. Address stamp by Fraser & Parsley – this stamp is available in a variety of designs and adds a personal touch to any thank you note or correspondence.
9. Paperless Post – this is an online service which means kids birthday invitations, drink invitations and cards can be sent directly into a recipients email inbox. There is also a very handy app which keeps any invitations sent and received all in one place and will send you reminders of an upcoming event. Available here. If you prefer, they also offer a paper selection.
10. Create Your Life Plan by Kikki K – this may seem like quite a daunting title for a book but this can help you to ponder and reflect what you want to do with 2017. We love the quote, “What would you do if you knew you could not fail?”…