Boden is always a good bet for the kids. Their pieces wash well and withstand the running, jumping and general adventuring of a kid’s day of play. As the start of the SS17 collection launches, Boden have a retro slant on many of their designs harking back to the ’70’s in bold colours, stripes and prints. Here are just a few of my favourite pieces for the boys and girls.
1. Check shirt – this shirt is great on its own or worn one over a T-shirt (it would go really well with the Superhero t-shirt).
2. Superhero T-shirt – I love this cheeky chappy in the bright blue and splash of yellow.
3. Jersey lined anorak – The yellow and blue palette which dominates the new collection is such a happy, bright combination for boys’ clothing…and the yellow makes them easy to spot as they zoom about the place.
4. Chino shorts – these would look lovely with any of the tops featured here and with the sun shining they are “happy” fashion.
5. Zip-off trousers – these trousers are a great piece as the bottoms can be zipped off to create long shorts.
6. Canvas high tops – the retro styling looks fab.
7. Suede trainers – I love a star detail dn these trainers are worthy of an adult’s wardrobe, nevermind the kids!
8. Glow in the dark T-shirt – this fun, tee is another piece which would work well layered under the shirt.
1. Simple crew jumper – a good wardrobe staple over the Spring/Summer.
2. Printed T-shirt – another star print…
3. Coastal sweatshirt – how cute are these seagulls…and these ones won’t steal your ice cream!
4. Printed board shorts – a stylish blue and white design. I love these.
5. Chinos – a good wardrobe trouser and the chino is set to take over from jeans this season so why not filter this down to the kid’s wardrobe?
6. Track pants – Boden have quite a few retro inspired kids’ designs in this collection including these track pants.
7. Laceless plimsols – easy pull on shoes as kids have no time to waste when wanting to get into the great outdoors.
8. and 9. Canvas pull-ons – these are fun slip-ons for the Summer. Ideal for the beach.
1. Colourful applique sweatshirt – cute, retro and perfect for a day on the beach.
2. Phoebe top – this could look adorable layered on the short dungarees below.
3. Jersey lined anorak – another bright coat so your little one can be spotted running about.
4. Heart pocket pull on shorts – with heart shaped pockets on the back, these teamed with the sweatshirt and yellow Mary Janes is a Summer ready look.
5. Denim short dungarees – love these and wish they came in adult sizes!
6. Leather Mary Janes – such a happy colour which is making an appearance all over the place at the moment.
7. Leather Chelsea boots – hello…gold boots, I like them a lot!
8. Claudia dress – a chambray dress will always be a good choice for a little girl’s wardrobe.
1. Pretty printed woven top – the bright birds in a slight abstract pattern don’t make it overly cuts which is perfect.
2. Marcia knit bomber – this reminds me of the Wyse London cashmere bombers and if the style is good enough for Wyse…
3. Hotchpotch swimsuit – the bow detailing and ditsy flower print are a pretty choice for a girl’s swimsuit.
4. Long dungarees – the deep pink stripe dungarees team well with the woven top with the bird print.
5. Relaxed pull on trouser – sometimes girls want the option to just get dressed and go. These pull-on trousers with the little cuff detail are a good alternative to tracksuit pants.
6. Twirly nautical skirt – this is just pretty.
7. Socks – Boden socks are always a good buy as they last.
1. Sailor dress – a throwback style in a modern bright raspberry pink.
2. Serena vest – the broderie anglaise detailing on this top makes is a beautiful Summer piece.
3. Pretty playsuit – the yellow detailing adds a cute contrast to the blue flower print.
4. Applique leggings – a good option for chillier days to layer under dresses and skirts
5. Five pocket skirt – a denim skirt is a good basic in any wardrobe.
6. Fairisle cardigan – I absolutely adore this. The lighthouse detailing which creates the design is gorgeous.
7. Fun Mary Janes – perfect Summer party shoes.
8. Applique high tops – a superhero style shoe for the Super Girl in your life.
9. Leather Gladiator sandals – these would look great with he playsuit and cardigan.