Once a forlorn and neglected part of the holiday wardrobe, the humble pool slide has been given a makeover this season with designs worthy of an evening out. Easy to slip on and comfortable, they are the must-pack item for this Summer. Here are some of my favourites out there.
1. Suede sliders by & Other Stories – the bright colours will work perfectly with a tan and the design need not confine it to poolside.
2. Cross-over mule sandals by Marks & Spencer – these fringed sandals are a bit of an M&S hit, in a lovely muted metallic colour.
3. Angelina slide by Boden – these will go perfectly with any block colour outfit in an expensive looking animal print.
4. Soho Cross Strap Espadrille slides by Office – these are a relaxed espadrille version which would look great with white linen or denim shorts.
5. Rose Gold slides by Salt-Water Sandals – Salt-water Sandals are a perfect staycation option as they can be worn in the sea without being ruined. They can even go in the washing machine yet the leather is soft and comfortable.
6. Stella Sandals by Hush – the star detail adds interest to a simple black slide.
7. Jasmine slide by Baukjen – I love the pewter colour of these slides and the double strap helps them to stay on.
8. Apteros Sandals by Ancient Greek Sandals – these simple sandals will go with anything and have a similar silhouette to the Hermes version (number 9) without the price tag.
9. Oran sandals by Hermes – the ultimate, classic slide which can be worn year after year without dating. Perfect with a maxi dress, rolled up boyfriend jeans or a floaty skirt.