With this pregnancy I have been lucky to have a couple of friends who are also pregnant at similar times. As I am due in December (a busy time anyway), I am trying oh-so-hard to be extremely organised and figure out gifts for friends and family in the build-up to new births as well as Christmas. Here are some ideas for new baby gifts for every budget (some of which may also work for Christmas…it’s never to early to start planning…is it?).
1. The Silent Night Gift Set by Organic Babies – I have used these products on the boys for quite a while. The discovery of the Soothing Baby Salve was a revelation as it cleared up Harry’s eczema without having to use the steroid cream we were becoming reliant on. This set is a perfect baby shower or new baby gift. The calming lavender fragrance has absolutely no chemically/synthetic smell and it is so good for sensitive skin. This particular gift supports The Lullaby Trust which fund medical research into the causes and prevention of sudden infant death as well as providing support. A gift which gives back.
2. Wooden rocking horse by Moulin Roty at Cottage Toys – a gift for the baby to grow into and cherish. This gorgeously crafted rocking horse can be kept and passed down from generation to generation.
3. Illustrated book produced by Bookspeed – the books produced by this small Edinburgh-based company are all truly magical and wonderfully illustrated. There is a title for every child and they make beautiful books to keep.
4. Go Everywhere Mat by Avery Row – this mat can be used anywhere from home to park to visiting friends. It’s Japanese inspired design makes it bright and a joy to receive as a gift.
5. Milestone cards by Cheryl Rawlings – I’m a bit of a sucker for beautiful handwriting and Cheryl Rawlings has mastered the art of brush calligraphy making it modern and stylish.
6. Metallic gold swaddles by Aden & Anais – these large swaddles are a must have for every parent and child. They can be used in so many different ways and the new metallic details add sparkle to everyday parenthood.
7. Newborn Gift Set by Olivier Baby – this is the ultimate little luxury gift for any newborn. The softest cashmere (which washes brilliantly) will feel simply divine against their delicate skin. A real treat.
8. Mozartkugel music orb by siebensachen – the delicate music drifting out of this perfectly crafted wooden orb will calm kids and adults alike whether its sitting on the shelf or rolling about on the floor.
9. Wooden bear by OYOY at Scandiborn – this simple design will compliment any nursery interior with its Scandi style. It can even be hung up to add to the interior decor.
10. Nappy subscription by Kit & Kin – this may sound like an odd new baby gift but these eco friendly nappies, wipes and nappy sacks not only look adorable but are biodegradable and it will take the hassle out of being a new parent having to remember nappies in the food shop!
11. Bunny wrap by Oeuf NYC – beyond cute, this bunny wrap is easier to wrap a baby in compared to wrangling them into a snowsuit when the months are cooler.