I can’t believe it’s time for the Christmas Eve box yet again. I love putting it together and it is a magical way to create a sense of magic in preparation for the visit from the big man himself…provided the kids are on the “Nice” list of course!!
Our Christmas Eve box appears when the kids go outside (at around 6pm) to search for Father Christmas whizzing over in the sky on his way to Australia before he comes here. It is also accompanies by a telegram I print off and leave with the box which you can find and download here.
1. North Pole Hamper by Polar Post – sadly I think it has sold out but you can buy hampers here for a similar effect. I re-use mine each year. It arrives on Christmas Eve and then gets left out with the stocking so Father Christmas can take it back ready for the following year.
3. Wooster the Elf “Nice” Rosette by Polar Post – the official recognition from the North Pole that the kids have (just about) behaved well enough to make the all important “Nice list”…phew!
4. A selection of books for the kids – For Harry he has Horrible Histories: Horrible Christmas to read, Teddy has the classic The Grinch Who Stole Christmas and Hettie has the gorgeously illustrated The Tale of the Castle Mice
5. Marshmallow Snowman Hot Chocolate Kit by The Naked Marshmallow Company – this kits includes everything you need (except the milk) to make two delicious hot chocolates for the little ones.
6. Felt Christmas Decorations by Marks & Spencer – one last decoration to hang on the tree.
7. Single Giant Chocolate Coin from John Lewis – a chocolate coin is such a xChristmas treat I just had to include one…and why not go BIG as a special treat.
8. Bear Face Tumbler by Buddy + Bear – these were actually in the kids’ Christmas Eve hamper last year but we will get them out again to make the hot chocolate.