As we are well into the festive month I thought I’d share some of the skincare I use if my skin has reacted to the cold or to a late night out. This time of year can be so much fun but running about in all weathers can mean your skin is left a little bit cross with you. Here are what I use to nourish and calm and skin.
1. Renaissance Cleansing Gel by Oskia – this pink gel cleanser isn’t harsh on the skin (it contains vitamins to help clear the skin ready for the application of your other products) and feels a bit pampering. It turns to a milky emulsion when water is applied making it easy to remove.
2. Miracle Cleanser by Aurelia – this truly luxurious feeling cleanser smells heavenly and a joy to use. A cream cleanser which isn’t greasy and actually cleans skin without stripping it. It’s a permanent fixture in my bathroom cabinet.
3. Glow Tonic by Pixi – I use this after I’ve cleansed if my skin is a bit flakey to help slough away any debris or impurities.
4. Everclam Global Protection Day Cream by REN – I use this in the morning (sometimes I mix it with an oil). It’s perfect for sensitive skin which maybe a bit red from the cold or overindulgence.
5. Pheonix Regenerating Face Oil by Herbivore – this oil I use over my moisturiser if my skin feels tight in any way.
6. BFF Cream by Trinny London – I know, I’ve gone on about this for ages but with an SPF built-in, it’s an easy final layer to add to your morning routine if you can’t be bothered with makeup to help you look just a bit more awake (you can see my review here).
7. Vitamin C Serum 23% + Ferulic Acid by GOW – I am now on my second bottle of this item as well. GOW is a fabulously priced range and this Vitamin C serum really delivers clearer skin in the morning (I have sensitive skin and it hasn’t reacted as yet).
8. Superstar Night Oil by Pestle & Mortar – I am now on my second bottle of this. I use it most nights and find my skin feels smoother in the morning.
9. Get Up & Glow Face Oil by Lala & Bea – I’ll be honest, this was a surprise hit for me. This face oil does a bit of everything and is great for dull, over worked skin. I use it on top of my moisturiser if I need a boost in the morning and to restore my skin I massage it in before bedtime.