This may prove to be a tough one. I don’t know about you, but whenever I think I’ll just sit and read a book or take time out, my head fills with all the jobs I should be doing and then the guilt kicks in and the me-time is forgotten. Taking time out should be something we should all become better at. It helps us de-stress and not get so caught up in the day to day. With that in mind, here are some things which may help me-time more of a reality.
1. Kindle by Amazon – this is one of my favourite things. I can’t get to sleep without reading a few pages before bed. Plus with a Kindle you can pop it in your bag as you never know when you may have a moment to emerge yourself in a favourite book – maybe even in the car waiting to pick up the kids?
2. Silk Pyjamas by Hush – ooh, the ultimate luxury. Put these on after a long day and just enjoy the luxurious feeling of the silk as you unwind with a glass of wine.
3. Mayberry Slippers by Emu – these paired with the pyjamas are the ultimate relaxation combo.
4. Gratitude Journal by Kikki-K – this journal makes you reflect on the positives of your day. It doesn’t take long but is a way of stopping for a moment and reflecting on the good.
5. Headphones by Beats by Dr Dre – these are perfect for listening to a much loved album or audio book. Grab them and go for a walk to take you out of a stressful environment.
6. Tasting Tray by The Grown Up Chocolate Company – I am a firm believer in not dieting and a little bit of what you face…these handmade chocolates will be a treat when you have a moment of calm.
7. Mug by Jo Deakin – a mug can make all the difference to your cuppa. It may sound odd, but it’s true. The designs by Jo Deakin not only look rather gorgeous but are fine, elegant and beautifully made.
8. Eat Beautiful by Wendy Rowe – find something which relaxes you. For me, cooking is a way to take my mind off other things and provides a four. This cookbook is filled with recipes which are good for you as well as tasty.
9. Grey and Cream Pom Pom Blanket by Edit 58 – curl up with a magazine, a cuppa and this blanket for some “Hygge” time.