We are in the middle of the wild garlic season, so if you haven’t already, now is the time for a bit of foraging to make this easy wild garlic pesto recipe which can make a quick lunch or supper.
Wild garlic is easy to spot. It has wide green leaves and the prettiest small white star shaped flower. You can make jars to store (just make sure you sterilise the jars first!) or make a batch to devour immediately.
Wild Garlic Pesto (makes an approx 275g jar)
- 150g Wild Garlic leaves
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/2 lemon zest and a juice
- 50g pine nuts (I did not have these so i used almonds which worked!)
- 150ml Rapeseed oil
- 50g Parmesan, finely grated
- Rinse and roughly chop the wild garlic leaves.
- Place the wild garlic, garlic, oil, pine nuts (or almonds!), lemon zest and juice into a food processor with some salt and pepper and blitz into a chunky pesto.
- Stir through the grated parmesan.
- Transfer to a jar and pour some oil on top, seal. It will keep in the fridge for 2 weeks.